Candles

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Candles always seem to end up as great subjects in my photos. Taken last year on 35mm using 50mm f1.8 on a tripod. Metered just off center from the flame itself. The picture was actually taken in our dinning room but none of the background was exposed. Unfortunately, I had a little difficulty with the scan. It was a great was to end new years.

38248768.jpg

Here's another. Again 35mm 50mm f.18 using a starlight filter on a tripod. I've always hated the crack on our old fireplace mantel but it adds something extra nice in the photo.

38248560.jpg

One last one to share with you folks. Two more candles metered just off to the side of one of the flames. Background did not get exposed. This was the very first subject taken with my new ( used ) canon d30 digital camera I just received last week. I think it could be a little better but it will take time for me to learn this camera. I am new to digital.

38321590.jpg

Thanks for lookin....

I really like those. The crack does add somthing to the picture. I dont really like the third one though.......it kinda looks like burning bloody fat. But it isnt a bad picture. Even getting someone to say "oh god thats grose" is good.

I did that once with this really close up picture of a leather bag I took in B&W. It made it look like a hill made of skin.........it made my friends want to throw up :D

I like them all!
Strange as it may seem, I think I prefer the first one although the last one is neat as long as you can think of them purely as candles.

Third Eye said:
......it made my friends want to throw up :D

Now a picture of them throwing up would be neat....maybe even a few bucks in it for you if you're into blackmail.

the first pic to me is the best, and is clean but seems to lack something from the subject. The second picture I don't care for too much as I believe teh star effect is too great and unnatural.

The third is definitely strange.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back