Canon 17-40 L : whats on my lens?

n3vo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys,

New the forums here, I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I recently bought my first L series lens used on ebay. I noticed something on the top of the glass and wasnt sure what it was. Looks almost like its peeling? is this something I should worry about or no?

Thanks!

Neil

IMG_2022.JPG

Boogers?

Looks like on of the coatings. You may not notice any difference but try it out at various focal lengths and apertures. If you see some odd lighting along the edge, leave a bit of space to crop.

Hi guys,

New the forums here, I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I recently bought my first L series lens used on ebay. I noticed something on the top of the glass and wasnt sure what it was. Looks almost like its peeling? is this something I should worry about or no?

Thanks!

Neil

]

does it affect the photo? if not I wouldn't worry
(but I don't buy lens on ebay)

That looks to me like it could be element delamination; that is, two elements which are cemented together, are now separating. This may have little to no affect on your images, HOWEVER, if it is in fact delamination, then it could continue until the point the elements completely separate. If you can, return the lens, if not swing by a repair shop and get their take.

It looks like lens separation. Return it. Did they describe it in item description? I hate eBay

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It looks like lens separation. Return it. Did they describe it in item description? I hate eBay

"lens separation" sounds (and looks) bad
I hope the OP was able to return it

Most reactions

Back