What's new

Canon 300mm f/2.8 IS UMS mk II

BLD_007

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
330
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Enjoy
p590093015-3.jpg

/
p138592952-3.jpg

-
-

Now some examples:
1.
p303145423-3.jpg


2.
p46403676-3.jpg


3.
p476414216-3.jpg


4.
p66736669-3.jpg


Full Gallery: Kansas City Sports, Events, Senior Portraits | Birds


Let me know what you think!
 
Not too bad at all. Some of your sports shots show real potential, all i'd say is keep an eye on your framing, and and an off-focus background can really help to isolate the player/s, particularly if you're given a position with an inherently distracting view. Also a wee tip for ball events (football, rugby, etc) - I see a massive number of photographers standing up shooting these, always shoot from as low an angle as you can (within reason obviously!) as players faces tend to be focused on the ball, which is often as not on the ground, so shooting lower shows slightly more of their faces, which can make all the difference to the shot.
 
Not too bad at all. Some of your sports shots show real potential, all i'd say is keep an eye on your framing, and and an off-focus background can really help to isolate the player/s, particularly if you're given a position with an inherently distracting view. Also a wee tip for ball events (football, rugby, etc) - I see a massive number of photographers standing up shooting these, always shoot from as low an angle as you can (within reason obviously!) as players faces tend to be focused on the ball, which is often as not on the ground, so shooting lower shows slightly more of their faces, which can make all the difference to the shot.

Thanks for the reply. I know gear doesn't make the photographer but with longer glass I will not have to crop has much which means more usable photos. I'm an intern at Sporting KC and the MLS has a rule were you have to sit down on a small stool. I'm fine with it since I'm 5'6" but for bigger older guys its hard lol.

I have a MLS game on Monday. I will post more when I get done.

Its funny looking at older photos. In the past 6months I can really see an improvement. Now that I'm shooting for Sporting KC, I'm really getting to love soccer. Before that, I didn't care for the sport. Now, I'm anticipating where the ball will be and I'm setting a trap for it. It also helps when it a new $200mill stadium and I can shoot at 1000th and 1200 ISO.


Side Note- Everything but soccer was taken 6+months ago. The football was from last year and the year before that.

Thanks again!
 
What beautiful Bokeh on the second!
 
Not too bad at all. Some of your sports shots show real potential, all i'd say is keep an eye on your framing, and and an off-focus background can really help to isolate the player/s, particularly if you're given a position with an inherently distracting view. Also a wee tip for ball events (football, rugby, etc) - I see a massive number of photographers standing up shooting these, always shoot from as low an angle as you can (within reason obviously!) as players faces tend to be focused on the ball, which is often as not on the ground, so shooting lower shows slightly more of their faces, which can make all the difference to the shot.

Thanks for the reply. I know gear doesn't make the photographer but with longer glass I will not have to crop has much which means more usable photos. I'm an intern at Sporting KC and the MLS has a rule were you have to sit down on a small stool. I'm fine with it since I'm 5'6" but for bigger older guys its hard lol.

I have a MLS game on Monday. I will post more when I get done.

Its funny looking at older photos. In the past 6months I can really see an improvement. Now that I'm shooting for Sporting KC, I'm really getting to love soccer. Before that, I didn't care for the sport. Now, I'm anticipating where the ball will be and I'm setting a trap for it. It also helps when it a new $200mill stadium and I can shoot at 1000th and 1200 ISO.


Side Note- Everything but soccer was taken 6+months ago. The football was from last year and the year before that.

Thanks again!

Oh I know all about that, specially as one of the bigger older guys! lol. Here in Scotland the SPL make us sit (always) usually either side of the goals, which is fine (players running towards you tends to be easier captured at a slightly lower shutter speed than panning).

1000th and ISO 1200 sounds great - I was doing an evening cup tie 2 weeks ago and was JUST getting away with an 800th at ISO 3200! :-)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom