CANON 350D - approx 55-100mm lens ?!

Rose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am looking for a lens to buy for my Canon 350D (at the moment i am still using the standard lens that came with the camera - 18-55mm)

I would like something around 55-100mm, doesnt need to be canon, as i probably cant afford that anyway, maybe a SIGMA as i have heard good things about it.

Please share any advice, experiences and thoughts, also id like to know what sort of lens you use, canon , sigma, or tamron?

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&client=safari&rls=en&sa=N
this link shows a picture by J. Hilliard, a photographer i really admire, id like to know what sort of lens you think he might have used to get that small depth of field in this picture?

sorry to be soo..dumb, does it have auto focus?

also the kit lens i have for my canon 350D is pretty bad, so that i feel uncomfortable focusing manually, but i miss it! hows the 28-105 with manual focusing..?

Yeah it has autofocus. Yeah the EF-S 18-55 is pretty hard to manually focus. The 28-105 has a large ring closer to the camera that makes manually focusing it easier. If you do decide to get that lens make sure to get the EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM, not the EF 28-105 f/4-5.6 USM. The second one isn't a very good lens.

A cropped image? If the photographer used a 35mm
camera maybe it's someting like 80mm or 100mm focal length.
If it's medium format camera (6x6)..120mm or 150mm lens
...using wide aperture (and a mirror).

Rose said:
this link shows a picture by J. Hilliard, a photographer i really admire, id like to know what sort of lens you think he might have used to get that small depth of field in this picture?

Most reactions

Back