Canon 400d Viewfinder?

happyhippy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've had the 400d for a few weeks at the most and I'm pretty much happy with it.

However, I HATE the viewfinder on it, I've come from using mostly a fully manual film camera so I'm used to it being a fair bit bigger (I asume the 400d has a smaller one due to the small image sensor).

I also find it really hard to adjust to my eyes so it is always blurry.

However, the thing that bugs me the most is trying to manually focus with it, I find it virtually impossible in some situations without the little circle thing (sorry, I forget what its called :blushing:).

Is there any way of changing to so I can have my circle thing back? Or at least make it bigger?

Thanks

No on the bigger, that's depends on the image sensor. However you may find if you have a hard time focusing on the details in the viewfinder that your dioptre adjustment is not right so play with that.

Yes on the the split prism. A company called Katz Eye Optics sells cut down split prism focusing screens for all modern cameras. I did it to my D200 and have not looked back one second.

:( I'm not sure if I should shell out for the screen or just sell the digital and use the money for some more darkroom equiptment

Most reactions

New Topics

Back