What's new

Help Finding a Gimbal

phkc070408

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 4, 2015
Messages
50
Reaction score
6
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for help finding the right Gimbal for me.

I have an R5 Mark ii. I'll mostly be using it with either the 100-500 lens or the 200-800 lens, but will probably use it with smaller lenses as well.

I tried the DJI RS4 and it worked with the smaller lenses but completely bombed with the larger lenses. When balancing the tilt, it was impossible to get right in the center. When trying to balance the roll, the arm couldn't even go far enough. Note that the 200-800 and the camera body are just below the weight limit of the RS4

I looked at DJIs site, thinking the 4 Pro would work, but it also only recommends the 28-105 lens. I was thinking about holding out for the 5 Pro but I'm guessing that it still won't support such a large lens.

Any other recommendations?
 
My Oben GH-30 seems to work fine with my 150-600. Being budget friendly might be a factor in my opinion. I'd be interested in other opinions too.
 
Well, I tired the DJI RS 4 Pro. A few problems:

1. While the gimbal can balance the camera with the 200-800 lens retracted, the lens is so long that once extended, it throws the balance off so far that the motors can't even hold the camera and the whole thing tips forward.
2. At least for the 200-800 lens, the zoom requires more torque than the focus motor provides and it constantly slips.

I also have the 100-500 lens and will try everything on that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom