Canon 400mm f/2.8 III monopod

TonyUSA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
Fewer sections means quicker set up and adjusting. My monopod is a very old Bogen from the 1980s, and it has just one single twist knob and has just two sections --the upper and the lower one, which makes the overall collapsed length much longer than with today's modern multi-section monopods.A higher number of sections typically means that the monopod can be collapsed shorter.

Derrel,

Thank you. Is it worth it to spend $300+ for monopod? At first I was going to get Oben 2500 and only $100 but not sure if is it good/strong enough for $10,000 lens.

ObenCTM-2500 5-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod

Last edited:
I would always go for fewer sections. One of the most mistakes I see people making when buying gear is buying over-spending on glass & body and under-spending on the support. The number of people I see at camera club meets complaining that their $79 MiC tripod isn't working properly for their $2000 body & lens.... in short: <$400 for a $10,000 doesn't seem too much at all. I would definitely NOT buy anything but a top-name tri/monopod for a piece of glass like this.

Thank you, tirediron.

For a $10,00.00 lens, you surely can afford the best. I have a monopod strapped to the under side of a bag. Three sections, rock solid support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

For a $10,00.00 lens, you surely can afford the best. I have a monopod strapped to the under side of a bag. Three sections, rock solid support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I bought it. This one is 6 sections after using it a bit I should get 3 sections.
IMG_2872.jpg

Both cameras are good. The major difference is in price and the things it provides. However, I'd go for the one with fewer sections. I assume you don't need it for professional photography. This way, it's more adjustable and easier to work with. I use a simple Canon. I had also bought a scope from 10 Best Spotting Scope Tripods - Ballachy. I need the videos and photos I make to be as stable as possible. Moreover, I need a clear shot while hunting for a better outlook of the animals. However, it is up to you.

Most reactions

Back