Canon 40D battery question

Clawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello there!

I plan to purchase the battery grip for my 40D, but was not entirely sure I should get another Canon BP-511A battery, or purchase two batteries like these [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Concepts-CB-511-R-Replacement-Battery/dp/B00007KFT0/ref=acc_glance_foto_ai_-2_1_tit"]Amazon.com: Digital Concepts CB-511-R 1900 mAh Replacement Battery for Canon BP-511: Camera & Photo[/ame]
What do you think about third party accessories such as this??

I already use a Digital Concepts battery in my 450D and I actually use it in conjunction with the factory Canon battery in my grip, is this wise to mix battery types (especially since they have different mAh specifications, which I never noticed until now)?

Thanks for any help / advice!

Last edited:
Hello there!

I plan to purchase the battery grip for my 40D, but was not entirely sure I should get another Canon BP-511A battery, or purchase two batteries like these Amazon.com: Digital Concepts CB-511-R 1900 mAh Replacement Battery for Canon BP-511: Camera & Photo
What do you think about third party accessories such as this??

I already use a Digital Concepts battery in my 450D and I actually use it in conjunction with the factory Canon battery in my grip, is this wise to mix battery types (especially since they have different mAh specifications, which I never noticed until now)?

Thanks for any help / advice!
Use of 3rd party accessories voids your camera and grip warranties.

No, it's not a good idea to mix brands and mAh specs.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you!

I am going to purchase another Canon battery for my Xsi, but still wasnt sure if I should go with the Digital Concepts for the 40D (I'm on a budget... plus 1900mAh sounds a bit more appealing than Canon's 1390). How would anyone know I used a 3rd party product if something were to happen?

EDIT: Nevermind.... I played it safe and bought the Canons

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back