Canon 40D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best friend of fifty years gave me a 20D and the 17-85mm kit lens that came with it. Took me all of about two weeks to start wishing for Certain Features :p

Looked at what was available and the bang-for-buck ratios and decided on a 40D. Got an "E+" 40D from Adorama for $240, shipped. Almost looked like brand new.

It's serving me fine for most purposes, including macros, but I'm finding myself wanting better glass and more megapixels for wildlife photography (animals, birds). And I'd really like to have a minimum shutter speed option for aperture priority shots.

So I think my next upgrade will have to be a 7D Mk. II. But at ±$1,000 currently for a used one in excellent+ condition, that'll be a while, yet. In the meantime the 40D will suffice :).

Bought one years ago when they first came out. Made money using it to shoot stock and assignments. Still have it and functioning without any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have a 30D - its my first DSLR

I picked one up at Goodwill for $50 and use it as the "high risk" camera, like when Kayaking. It has been great and so long as I don't have to crop an image too deeply or the shot requires a high ISO, the results have been great.

My Canon 20D from roughly 2006 is still working fine and is still on its original battery! I have three original Canon batteries and they all work still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back