ashleysmithd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ashleysmithd.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi.

I have a few questions about the new Canon 450D.

Canon are currently offering £50 cashback until the 4th of August, do you think it will come down in price between now and then? I'm in no rush for it however I want to make sure I catch the £50 cashback, but if retail shops are going to drop the price within the next month then I'll wait until just before the cashback offer runs out.

It's 14-bit image processing, however this may by no means gives you 4 times the light information than 12-bit as the optical dynamic range may not stretch that far.

Do you think the new 12mp sensor has the optical dynamic range to make the 14-bit processing a worthwhile feature?

Thanks for any information.
Daniel.

Ok thanks.

Do you or does anyone know how many stops of light the 450D sensor has? Or more importantly, how its optical dynamic range compares with the sensor from the Nikon D40? (My current camera)

Never mind, I found a good guide to the 450D's dynamic range here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos450d/page21.asp

About 8.3-8.7EV (var ISO) useable dynamic range. Not as high as the Nikon D60 although the 450D has more range at the highlight end, whereas the D60 has more toward the shadow end.

Slightly better than my D40, 6.8-7.9ev range. I've said 6.8 to 7.9 as the review includes 3200ISO in the range which isn't actually 3200ISO, it's just the equivalent. (Which would have dropped it down to 4.9-7.9ev)

Cheers for the links. Very helpfull!

Last edited:
Another quick question,

This page here: http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=4YX5

says that the 450d has auto exposure bracketing, however Canons web site are only listing flash bracketing.

I'm a big fan of HDR work and wanted to know if the camera has an exposure bracketing system without using the flash?

Cheers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back