Canon Announces EOS R5 and R6 Mirror-less IL Cameras (For Real This Time!)

The paper used an 80 line per inch screen, but there was absolutely no detail in the shadows due to push processing which is basically underexposing and then over developing. Newsprint is not a high fidelity medium so even 3,200 looked acceptable, and also most of the time the photos were about 4x6 in.

Lens Rentals has investigated further by trying to find out where heat is generated and where it goes in the R6. Since this is really only a significant problem for video, I have linked the article through a discussion in the Video area:

Canon R5 and R6 For Video

Hmmmmmmmmm, it'd be interesting to see how such slow (f/11) lenses perform. Either good light or high ISO would be needed in a lot of circumstances I suspect.

Where I live we have about 5 months of good bright light in a year, and now we have pretty good high ISO performance. Over the past 10 years we have seen slowish zoom lenses and slowish prime lenses become more and more usable mostly due to improvements in high ISO output.
It feels more like 5 days a year here. I guess that's more the bright days that I can make use of, as it seems reasonably bright now while I'm at work.
I've just been looking at some shots from 10 years ago through a scope that's effectively 1000mm f/16 (without crop factor) zooming in to a 4000mm f/64. I don't remember ever using it zoomed in even a fraction apart from the initial test shot efforts.
Somewhat off topic, but here's a link to an example if anyone's interested.

Most reactions

Back