What's new

Canon 450D Noise handline - fairly impressive

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
2
Location
Glasgow
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So after college (Stayed in till about 8pm) I was waiting for the bus and thought "hey lets test my ND Filter (0.9 aka 3 stops)and see how sharp I can keep thei mage while hand holding"

So I had my canon 450D with the 18-55mm kit lens mounted, set at 18mm side at f4.0 iso 800

most people say the 450D isnt very usable after iso 400
I do realise i was shooting a bright object therefore less S:N ratio but even so.

the exception of resizing and cropping), the WB just happened to be prefect when I set it onto auto. (however there is 1 of the stars and the letter B is over exposed.)

My shutter speed was 1/8th which, isnt all that bad when using 18mm.

100.jpg

100d.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg
 
Last edited:
Yeah, you shot a bright object. The shadows definitely will look worse. At 800 there's gonna be severe chroma noise in there. :-/
 
updated with 100% crop of the darker areas.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom