What's new

canon 50d not going to 100iso

BLD_007

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
330
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today I was shooting around and I could go to 100 ISO and up to ISO h2

Now it will only go down to 200 and up to 3200


I have expanded ISO turned on. Its only since I came home and took my camera out of the bag that its like this.

WTF?
 
Fixed...

Also, why do you have to turn expanded ISO on in order to go down to 100 ISO. There is no noise at 100iso so would that no be a default option?
 
If you turn on Highlight Tone Priority mode, it limits you to ISO200 on the low end. Without Extended ISO enabled, the default caps at ISO3200 on the high end.

Check your owners manual for more.
 
And your wanting a 1Dmk3 just wait till you see what options you have on that to play with
 
Because there is no difference between ISO 200 and 100.
 
Canon uses 100 ISO as their base, unlike Nikon that uses 200. You have something turned on elsewhere. Like mentioned above, look at highlight tone priority. I disable all that stuff as soon as I get a new camera body.
 
Because there is no difference between ISO 200 and 100.
LOL, Nikon user. The new Medium Format cameras only go to 400 ISO... but they start at 25 ISO. It's all a question of the number of stops in the dynamic range band.

Leica goes to 11!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom