I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so...here we go again. Canon users rejoice!
Decided to post both Canon lenses we are donating at the same time. we'll see how this goes.
this is the Canon Nifty-Fifty. 50mm f1.8 lens.
we don't have a Canon camera now so I cannot say in any recent timeline how the actual functionality is.
aperture ring works good, glass is clean. everything LOOKS good. that's about all I can say.
The fine print goes a little something like this...

we are DONATING this lens. It is FREE to a good/needy home, and is sent AS-IS with no guarantee or warrantee, written or implied of ANY kind. we will pay shipping. continental U.S ONLY. (Alaska is fine if the flat rate shipping boxes from USPS covers that)

the criteria for getting the lens is as follows:
1: you NEED this lens, meaning you DO NOT already have this focal range or reasonably close. (my call)
(having a sigma or tamron and saying you don't like it doesn't count)
2: you already have a camera capable of mounting this lens (no putting the cart before the horse)
3: you live in the continental united states (im a stickler on this one, sorry)

ALSO I am not familiar with what Canon lenses will mount on what Canon cameras...(love our nikons) PLEASE make doubly sure that your camera will mount this lens BEFORE asking for it.

Thanks to O Hey Tyler, I am now aware that this lens is an FD mount and will NOT mount to cameras post 1987 without a FD-EF adapter (doesnt appear to affect IQ) Please be aware of that before requesting this lens.

View attachment 15873View attachment 15874View attachment 15875View attachment 15876

Last edited:
As someone who is familiar with Canon gear, I should make it well known that the lens will not fit any Canon DSLRs (without an adapter). It's for the FD mount (pre 1987), so if you have one of the ever popular AE-1 bodies the lens will mount and work properly.

Still a nice lens to have to use for film photography as the 50mm is a very pleasing FoV for 35mm format.

Thanks for that bit of info, maybe you can take a looksie at the other canon lens we are donating and see if that is the same deal. I posted pics of the mount on both lenses. so will they work on a modern camera with an adapter? and how expensive are those adapters? aaaaaand does it affect the pic quality any? Being Nikon shooters, we will defer to the Canon users expertise.

pixmedic said:
Thanks for that bit of info, maybe you can take a looksie at the other canon lens we are donating and see if that is the same deal. I posted pics of the mount on both lenses. so will they work on a modern camera with an adapter? and how expensive are those adapters? aaaaaand does it affect the pic quality any? Being Nikon shooters, we will defer to the Canon users expertise.

If I recall, the adapter won't harm IQ as it has no optics in it, however it may effect the ability to focus to Infinity. Both lenses are FD, so any recipient will have to get an adaptor or have a pre 1987 film camera. You can always post an "O Hey Disclaimer" in the first post so people aren't as likely to miss it. When I get home I can always find a link to the adapter. It should be just an FD to EF adapter.

o hey tyler said:
If I recall, the adapter won't harm IQ as it has no optics in it, however it may effect the ability to focus to Infinity. Both lenses are FD, so any recipient will have to get an adaptor or have a pre 1987 film camera. You can always post an "O Hey Disclaimer" in the first post so people aren't as likely to miss it. When I get home I can always find a link to the adapter. It should be just an FD to EF adapter.

Thanks, i put the warning in the original post, so hopefully there wont be any surprises. Not to scare anyone off, but i do want people to be able to make an informed decision.

lens packed up and shipped off to Jaemie since she already has the adapter for it to work on newer DSLR's.

Lens received! :D

The lens arrived today and it fits perfectly with the adapter. Everything works just fine. Thank you SO much!

$lens 2.jpg

Very happy to see it made it to you with no problems! Hope you enjoy it.

Most reactions

Back