Canon 5D and the Mortal Sin

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so i said over and over that I'll never shoot digital. I'm a film guy as you well know. I prefer LF over digital.

However, all that being said, I'm happy to report that I've committed the 'mortal sin' and acquired a brand spankin' new Canon 5D with vertical grip. Now I'll have to say that I shoot digital as well...:D

Waiting for the 5D to arrive...

so you haven't quite shot digital yet then ;)
also good luck and have lots of fun with the new camera!

so you haven't quite shot digital yet then ;)
also good luck and have lots of fun with the new camera!

Not yet. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions...

are you just using the kit lens or do you have some canon lenses you can use for the 5D?

The thing to remember about digital is that when you point the camera at the sky, you affect the weather. Just fyi.

The thing to remember about digital is that when you point the camera at the sky, you affect the weather. Just fyi.

Yes this is actually true! There's PROOF! And not only that but the government spies on you through the camera's GPS and microphone!

Yes this is actually true! There's PROOF! And not only that but the government spies on you through the camera's GPS and microphone!
If you take the battery out when you're not using it they won't be able to track you.

If you take the battery out when you're not using it they won't be able to track you.

actually they have one of those tiny everlasting batteries - the sort in computers that run in the background. Each time you use the camera the camera battery charges up the secret battery - so even with it off they can still track you!

the only safe thing - that I did - is to take apart your camera and remove the offending parts - and then reassemble and hack the camera to make it think its still in there and thus work.
If you google it you can find guides - though I would say using a hammer to open the camera can have some side effects - reconstruction time is definatly long!

Oh, what the heck, I'm glad I will contribute to the safety of the world... ;)

are you just using the kit lens or do you have some canon lenses you can use for the 5D?

I already have the 50/1.8, the 28-135 IS USM and the 400/5.6 APO Sigma. Looking at some L in the future.

I already have the 50/1.8, the 28-135 IS USM and the 400/5.6 APO Sigma. Looking at some L in the future.

Nice!
And moving on to L is also very very nice - which way are you looking - longer?

Most reactions

Back