Canon 5D Mark IIII and ISO at 8,000

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, the 2 main reasons for upgrading to the Canon 5D Mark III over my Mark II was the improvement in the focusing system and the HUGE improvement in the way it handles low light without all of the noise. Another nice thing about the Mark III is the way it is rendering the WB. This is such a huge time saver for me when it comes to post processing, which I already loathe in the first place.
Here are 2 examples from my New Years Eve wedding, both shot with the Mark III, AWB, and iso at 8,000 in a fairly dark church.
These are both SOOC. When I zoom in I can still see some noise, but overall I am pretty impressed at how it handled the situation since I generally don't shoot at an iso of 8,000. The focusing on the Mark III was fantastic.:heart: That was long overdue.

SOOC/iso 8,000/AWB
$NR4A0720.jpg

SOOC/ iso 8,000/ AWB

$NR4A0706.jpg

Thanks for sharing these Kathy. I have a MkII and its struggle to focus in lowlight is a handicap that I would like to overcome. The ISO performance here is way better than acceptable for this kind of shot.

I may have to make the leap later this year.

Thanks Kathy,

I wasn't going crazy enough waiting on mine to get here. lol. Nice images.

Amazing captures! did you use a tripod for down the aisle image?

Thank you. No, I generally don't use a tripod because I move around too much. I typically will try to stabilize on my own body somehow.

Thanks for sharing these Kathy. I have a MkII and its struggle to focus in lowlight is a handicap that I would like to overcome. The ISO performance here is way better than acceptable for this kind of shot.

I may have to make the leap later this year.

You will be very happy when you do. I bought mine for $2950, so the price did drop a bit. I bet the price will stay around $3000 though.

I have to say, as a 5dII shooter, I am quite jealous. On the other hand, the company is supposed to be buying me a 5dIII soon. Fingers crossed...

Awesome!!! If there weren't all these rumors about a new big megapixel body on the horizon, I would upgrade.

Nice! I've been thinking about eventually switching over to the Canon side and picking up a 5D Mark III. This might have just made the choice for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back