Here is the situation. Here is my current list of equipment

Canon 40d
580ex
430ex
85 1.8
50 1.8
24-70l
28-135

I am ready to upgrade to a full frame camera. I can't pull the Mark 2 off without selling.

I can either sell the 40d bg-e2 + 430ex and get a 5d ($1000) or

Sell the 40d bg-e2 +430ex +24-70 and get the 5d II

HD video isnt a must..

I shoot portraits and landscapes...

I would eventually be able to save and get a new nice lens. Might be 6 months or so to do so.

Input?

Hey get the 5d mk2 IMO
Will handle higher ISO due to the larger sensor much better.

Not sure where you're buying it from but I got mine brand new from Home page-Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Projectors, GPSs....@ CentralDigital for $2250 over a month ago (brand new) and now their price has dropped to $2100 range and you can't find it brand new that cheap anywhere.

oh and why do you want to sell the 24-70?? You can take the full advantage of the lens w/ the new 5d you want to get.

Hey get the 5d mk2 IMO

Not sure where you're buying it from but I got mine brand new from Home page-Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Projectors, GPSs....@ CentralDigital for $2250 over a month ago (brand new) and now their price has dropped to $2100 range and you can't find it brand new that cheap anywhere.

oh and why do you want to sell the 24-70?? You can take the full advantage of the lens w/ the new 5d you want to get.
To pay for the mark II

I know but then u will end up buying the 24-70 again. Just seems like wasting money that's all

Hey get the 5d mk2 IMO

Ugh, the sensor size of the 5D and the 5D2 ARE THE SAME. They're both full frame cameras. (24x36)

And he's selling the 24-70 because the 5D2 is more expensive to purchase.

OP- I just recently bought a 5D classic myself, and it handles noise very well up to ISO 3200. If you feel like you will need to shoot above that ISO with the glass you have, then go for the 5D2 and forfeit some of your glass. If you don't feel like you need live view, video, or a slightly larger LCD screen, get the 5D classic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back