Canon 600mm F4 Mark II Lens hood Lock Knob

amistry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
During a photography trip to the Conowingo Dam in Darlington, MD, the locking unit on my Canon 600mm f4 Lens hood failed. The lock (pic below) actually fell out and into the rocks as I was trying to put on the lens hood :(

Ordered parts from Canon:
XD2-1100-202 - Washer, Retaining (SUS) - Qty 2
YA2-4147-0000 - Knob, Lock - Qty 1
Shipped FedEx for ~$40.

The lock knob was a tight fit. Actually had to use a hammer to lightly tap it (with a washcloth over it) into the locking unit body. Putting in the circlip was also tricky with needle nose tweezers.

1641415280427.png

OMG, I’m missing that little clip. My little locking tab has fallen off three times and miraculously I’ve been able to find it each time. I couldn’t figure out how to keep it from falling off but thank you for the picture. I need that little clip!

OMG, I’m missing that little clip. My little locking tab has fallen off three times and miraculously I’ve been able to find it each time. I couldn’t figure out how to keep it from falling off but thank you for the picture. I need that little clip!
This is an older thread, but I'm glad you found it useful. :)

Hope you can find the clip - maybe ebay.

This is an older thread, but I'm glad you found it useful. :)

Hope you can find the clip - maybe ebay.
It’s your picture that did the trick. I’m going to try the hardware store. Thanks 🙏🏼

A hardware store should be fine; they are common clips. I actually had a car that used one if these on the clutch cable.

Most reactions

Back