Canon 60D or Nikon 7000?

Starman Photo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
;) Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I'm planning on purchasing a camera soon but I can't decide which one. I'm between Nikon D7000 and Canon 60D. I was hoping to get some opinions from you Canon and Nikon users about what you think to be pros and cons about these brands/models.

Thanks to all participants in advance.

Kind Regards,
:salute:

For the pro/con between the brands themselves this is very dependant upon two key factors:

1) Budget and how far you expect to take things.

2) Your anticipated key areas of photographic interest.

It's only once you put both current and future plans together and come up with criteria to measure the camera brands against that you can start to work out which one is best for you to consider. Otherwise you'll only get a 101 posts of "I bought a XYZ and its great and you should buy one too" posts which will simply leave you back where you started.

This same thread came up a day or 2 ago. Its on page 3 i believe, check that out, i am sure there is lots of info there for you

Deja vu

Just get the Nikon, you know you want to... you wrote it first in your post so it's the priority as you write. Canon is only written first in the title because it's first alphabetically and therefore looks better in title format as such.

:)

Thank you all so much. I did a quick search but couldn't find it before. This link definitely helps. I guess I'm the village idiot...:(

Thank you all so much. I did a quick search but couldn't find it before. This link definitely helps. I guess I'm the village idiot...:(

Best bet is to go rent one of each for the weekend, take a bunch of shots, and compare notes. It's certainly a lot cheaper than the following statement........

"Gee, I wish I would have bought the other one instead."

Ask me how I know.

;) Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I'm planning on purchasing a camera soon but I can't decide which one. I'm between Nikon D7000 and Canon 60D. I was hoping to get some opinions from you Canon and Nikon users about what you think to be pros and cons about these brands/models.

Thanks to all participants in advance.

Kind Regards,
:salute:

go with the nikon

The D7000 would be my choice. Better body ergonomics, more consistent controls across the varying exposure modes, better placement of the depth of field preview button on the Nikon, better built body on the Nikon, and a slightly higher "target buyer" for the D7000 as opposed to the 60D.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back