Canon 6D + 50mm f/1.8 + 125 ISO = noise?!

duarted

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,

Just the other day I've recorded this small clip and noticed that the video had a lot of noise despite the fact that I I had these settings:
  • Canon 6D
  • Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens (I don't remember the exact aperture I was using but it was between f/2.0 and f/3.2)
  • Shutter speed at 1/50
  • ISO at 125
  • Picture Style: Cinestyle
And this is the result (best way to see it is to download the video file):

MVI_3850.MOV

Don't you think there's way too much noise for such settings?! Why is that?

Thanks!

I'd say right off the bat it would be the cinestyle.

Never ever use any in camera video "enhancers". Always do color and level work in post production.

Right from their web site.

"WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
The standard color settings for most DSLRs often result in content that looks ‘flat
’, lacking the richness and depth delivered by professional colorists in major studios."

This is so wrong!. You want what comes out of the camera to be flat. This allows for the greatest dynamic range.

Here are some quick before after screen shots from a video I am working on. You can see what I am talking about. These are pretty minor color corrections.

Attachments

• b-a.jpg
    b-a.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 248
Hi,

It doest look like the problem is the Cinestyle. I did other shots with the same settings using the standard or neutral profiles and it doesn't show that much noise.

But all the reviews I saw about Cinestyle said wonders about it and it's suppose to give you a flat image with detail retained in the light and dark areas which is excellent for color correction. So why is this happening?

Thanks

What frame rate and video quality setting did you use?

30fps and it was either 1920x1080 (IPB) or (ALL-I) but I've tried with both and still see the noise.

Is that how it looked in your editor or after you exported? also did you shoot that tight or crop it that tight?

Tbh it looks like a compression problem more than a noise problem.

Most reactions

Back