Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Canon 7 rangefinder M39 screw mount with 50mm f/1.8 lens

$250.00 + shipping

Canon 7

Serial# 924939 - made 1961-64

The 7 has a built-in exposure meter which cameras up to the VI did not have.
The viewfinder featured projected frames matching lenses from 35mm to 135mm. Coincidence rangefinder integrated with universal mark finder featuring four manually-switchable projected frames for 35mm (fixed at 0.8x), 50mm, 85mm/100mm, and 135mm lenses for automatic parallax correction.
Threaded mount or bayonet mount with three inner lugs for 50mm f/0.95 lens and mirror box 2
X, T, B, 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30, 1/60, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500, and 1/1000 sec. Equipped with built-in self-timer and shutter button lock.
Built-in Exposure Meter: Switchable between two ranges (high & low) coupled to shutter speed dial. Built-in selenium photocell meter for needle aperture reading. Metering ranges at ISO 100: EV 12 - 19 and EV 6 - 13.

Body is in good condition. Slight scratches.
There is a small dent on a corner by the flash PC socket.
Viewfinder is bright and clean, no fungus or haze.
Rangefinder is aligned pretty good.
Light meter is working and is very close to my handheld light meter readings.
Shutter is in excellent condition, there are some minor wrinkles on the second curtain (which is very good for this camera model). Speed accuracy is very good, though I cannot test the very high speeds.

Canon 50mm f/1.8

Serial# 83729 - made in 1951
Chrome body.
f1.8-16 with 10 aperture blades
6 elements in 4 groups

The focus ring metal has tarnished. Some rust marks.
Looks like the lens has been serviced in the past as the rear retaining ring has tool scratch marks. I have taken it apart and see that it was serviced as there are other tool scratches on the metal.
There is small hint of fungus on one of the rear lens elements. I attacked the slight fungus with vinegar and now it is very less noticeable.
No haze on lens elements, with some cleaning marks/scratches on the front.
Aperture is good and oil free. Focus helix feels smooth.
The infinity lock had been removed.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back