Canon 70-200 f 2.8 L or 70-300 4-5.6 L

Nick1959

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just bought my first full frame a Canon 6 D with kit lens 28-105. As my next lens should I get 70-200 2.8L or 70-300 L 4-5.6. I shoot mostly outside. Should I go for bigger aperture or longer reach. Please help in choosing.

Welcome to the forum. You will get a more meaningful answer if you describe your type of shooting. If you intend on shooting a lot in darker conditions the 70-200. If you inyend on shooting mostly in daylight you may not need f2.8 and the extra reach may serve better, but as I said your style will decide

Welcome to the forum. You will get a more meaningful answer if you describe your type of shooting. If you intend on shooting a lot in darker conditions the 70-200. If you inyend on shooting mostly in daylight you may not need f2.8 and the extra reach may serve better, but as I said your style will decide
I generally shoot landscapes buildings (Historical sites) So 90% of my shooting is outside and during day light.

In your case so i would get the 70-300. Both these lenses are very well respected. Image quality will not be an issue with either. The 70-200 does give the option of a shallower dof for portraits but if you use the 70-300 well you will be able to replicate that very well also.

How about the 70-200 f/4 L IS USM? Optically, it's supposed to be quite a good lens, and the size and weight of it are REALLY wonderful. a buddy of mine has one, and I was impressed with its build quality, size, weight, and so on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back