Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM

Heres one I shot with my 7D + 70-200 2.8L IS II at a Temple in northern Japan.

IMG_8843.jpg

Some old Japanese guy was driving it, and had a smokin hot young Japanese woman with him lol.

I love the lens so much and simply cannot say enough good things about it.

My fav thing is how razor sharp it is.

You got a ton of awesome car shots there by the way. Outstanding job.

I need to get out more, and put in some shutter time. Just always busy with work/college/kid.

Last edited:
great pics of the symphony.
what was played that evening?
might make the picture worth that much more (or less) to you. LOL

great pics of the symphony.
what was played that evening?
might make the picture worth that much more (or less) to you. LOL

While I enjoy the symphony, that performance was titled "An Afternoon at the Opera," and my opera knowledge is thin. As in nonexistent. I was fortunate enough to gain access to the lighting room with a bird's eye shot of the stage, and it coincided very well with the new lens delivery. :D

Heres one I shot with my 7D + 70-200 2.8L IS II at a Temple in northern Japan.

GTRawesomeness.jpg

Some old Japanese guy was driving it, and had a smokin hot young Japanese woman with him lol.

I love the lens so much and simply cannot say enough good things about it.

My fav thing is how razor sharp it is.

You got a ton of awesome car shots there by the way. Outstanding job.

I need to get out more, and put in some shutter time. Just always busy with work/college/kid.

Thanks for the good press! Man - Work, college, AND a kid? Where do you find time to breath? I cannot begin to tell you how much I respect that kind of dedication. :)

I am also a huge fan of this lens. It upgrades the 1D II picture quality to an unexpected level, and when used on the 5D I have to be very careful how much unsharp masking I introduce to the final picture because it rarely needs much (if any), and it is very easy to overdo it!

Thank you for the good press on the car shots. It's probably obvious, but I'm a huge car guy and have been for as long as I can remember. It probably goes without saying that I am a huge fan of the GTR, and as with the GT3 I am constantly taunted by friends who have far more means than I, and who have no problem using them. :D

5D, 24-70:

h5.jpg

This particular GTR is owned by a friend with contacts in Hollywood. He was able to get a prop mask from one of the original Halloween movies, and we spent last Oct. 31 shooting him rolling around Michael Myers style. :D

Roll Video:

Takeoff Video:

Rolling shots (again 5D, 24-70)

h18.jpg

h19.jpg

Rollside-full-res.jpg

rear-three-quarter-full-res.jpg

It was a great weekend. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back