Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS I (Mark1) vs TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2?

NedM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in the market for a 70-200 and I'm at a bit of a crossroads between these two lenses. My budget will only allow me to buy one or the other.

I can't seem to find any articles or comparison videos between these two lenses. I know the Tamron G2 pars up against Canon's newer version of the 70-200 (mark 2), but does it outperform their mark 1 version?

Should I cut my losses and buy the newer Tamron G2 or is the Canon 70-200 2.8 Mark I do just as well, if not better?

Due the fact that the tamron is getting rave reviews and is designed in an era of 50mp cameras as opposed to 12mp cameras when the original canon was designed, I'd imagine the tamron should be a more future proof purchase

I tend to agree that the G2 Tamron looks very good. See the Lensrentals.com blog: the G2 is good!

I'm in the market for a 70-200 and I'm at a bit of a crossroads between these two lenses. My budget will only allow me to buy one or the other.

I can't seem to find any articles or comparison videos between these two lenses. I know the Tamron G2 pars up against Canon's newer version of the 70-200 (mark 2), but does it outperform their mark 1 version?

Should I cut my losses and buy the newer Tamron G2 or is the Canon 70-200 2.8 Mark I do just as well, if not better?

probably, give the Tamon G2 a shot .... with Adorama or B&H or Best Buy you have two weeks to return it
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Most reactions

New Topics

Back