Canon 7D MII unleashed!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Canon EOS 7D Mark II First Impressions Review: Digital Photography Review

Canon U.S.A. : EOS 7D Mark II Feature

So the 7DMII is unleashed to the world! Or at least its official specification list is.

From what I can see the AF is really stepping up a lot, 65 cross type AF points is 1D territory and the new subject aware focusing modes sound very interesting, along with its IR and RGB linked AF setup. Another thing is that spot metering is now linked to the AF point and its got two card types built in now.

Really seems that Canon is pushing the 7D line as their 1D equivalent for crop sensor.

ISO has a boost now, however not much out yet on its actual noise performance and image quality; something that along with its dynamic range performance I'll be very keen to read up upon. If Canon can nail an improvement its performance in those two areas along with the rest of the body as already stated then its a very tempting upgrade.

As I've seen with the release of every new Canon camera for the last 8 years....there will be an onslaught of 'haters' who don't think it's good enough.

I'm interested in the specs and all that, but I'll wait until I hear from actual owners before I form my own opinion.

Still, I need to keep up with how it works because I'm sure I'll be seeing students showing up to my DSLR classes with these things.

The DP Review preview is a good read. I've already seen a couple interesting tidbits in there I hadn't seen elsewhere. I'm anxious to see some real reviews start to show up.

As I've seen with the release of every new Canon camera for the last 8 years....there will be an onslaught of 'haters' who don't think it's good enough.

Awesome. Can we schedule that for this Friday? I really do want to participate in the hater onslaught but my schedule is pretty tight this week.

I'm interested in the specs and all that, but I'll wait until I hear from actual owners before I form my own opinion.

Still, I need to keep up with how it works because I'm sure I'll be seeing students showing up to my DSLR classes with these things.

Well not a Canon guy but I'm still interested in seeing how this does, personally I hope it's a huge success. If so Nikon will most likely respond with something to compete.

Mike - what you changed your avatar!
And yes its got new features; although it sounds like its going to be akin to the 7D - complex AF - a handful of handy, but not essential auto JPEG editing modes - regular operation. So from a learning perspective its mostly going to be mastering that complex AF (so that you can get the most out of it)

Ok, so anyone interested in joining the hater onslaught we'll be meeting at the Denny's parking lot on I-80, Friday at 6 pm. It's BYOTP folks.

Haters? No way - not possible.

It has started already as you well may know. Some folks are acting like Canon stole something from them. Others are acting like they are oligated to buy.

Makes for some really nice smh reading.

Official: Canon EOS 7D Mark II

7D Mark III will be announced September 2019 before Photokina 2019. Bodies will ship November 2019.

5D Mark IV will be announced March 2015 or later. Bodies will ship weeks later.

Disappointments with the 7D Mark II:
- No WiFi (May be a reason why there's a SD slot for EyeFi)
- No 4K resolution video
- No CFast memory card slot for faster than UDMA7 reads/writes of 167MB/s.

Extreme_PRO_CFast_515MBs_Front_128GB-470x400.JPG

Why go there ?
Negativity always brings negativity, I would just stay clear from anyone that is a "hater".
Saying that and being a Nikon guy I must admit the dry specs on this camera are extremely and I use the word extremely impressive, Nikon doesn't have anything in DX that can touch this camera for sports shooting but as OP said there is no word on the sensor and what its like in low light and DR which currently is Canon weakness with most of its cameras. In any case I am sure this will be a huge sales hit because there simply is no other camera in this category.
One more interesting data I didn't find is how much this camera will go for ?
I have a feeling it will not be cheap at all.

Oh just found the price 1900$, not cheap but being a pro crop sensor camera its actually not superexpensive either

Why go there ?
Negativity always brings negativity, I would just stay clear from anyone that is a "hater".

But.. we chartered a bus! We were going to make smores and everything. Wow, you guys are just no fun at all.. Lol

Saying that and being a Nikon guy I must admit the dry specs on this camera are extremely and I use the word extremely impressive, Nikon doesn't have anything in DX that can touch this camera for sports shooting but as OP said there is no word on the sensor and what its like in low light and DR which currently is Canon weakness with most of its cameras. In any case I am sure this will be a huge sales hit because there simply is no other camera in this category.
One more interesting data I didn't find is how much this camera will go for ?
I have a feeling it will not be cheap at all.

Even as a Nikon guy myself I'm hoping this thing just flies off the shelves. If it does maybe Nikon will be convinced to put out something to compete with it.

Most reactions

Back