• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyknight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which one would you prefer most in all aspects?
They say the D7000 blows right past the 60D and heads straight at the Canon 7D. Do you agree about this? lol

I would......but i'm biased so better wait for someone more knowledgable about cannon......:lol:

I just got my D7000 from Amazon tonight, so I don't think it's fair if I vote. :)

I don't have first-hand experience from either but here's a funny video about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the d7000 beats the 60d, but not quite the 7D. To me, the only thing it has over the 7D thats worth noting is the dual card slots.

Confused which would I get between the two
What I like the most about 7D is it's pure magnesium alloy body(though it's not bad for semi built D7000), dual digic 4 processor(faster processing in which it's also better in low light conditions or high iso)
On the other hand the D7000 has a slight larger sensor 15.8 x 23.6mm (APS-C) against 14.9 x 22.3mm (APS-C) of the 7D this will result in better image quality over all. Pixel density on the D7000 is better. Larger pixels, more light gathering capabilities.

Its really going to come down to personal taste, regardless of what anyone else tells you. However, I will add that the 7D also has better video (aside from the NIKON doing the continuous focus thing ) and AF. The Nikon has more points but the 7D has all cross-type points. Considering BHphoto has the d7000 body for $1200 I got my 7D body for $1450. I think I definately got $250 worth of more camera just in the solid construction, faster frame frate and better video. Once you consider the dual digic processors, the all cross type AF, higher resolution its really an easy decision.

Its really going to come down to personal taste, regardless of what anyone else tells you. However, I will add that the 7D also has better video (aside from the NIKON doing the continuous focus thing ) and AF. The Nikon has more points but the 7D has all cross-type points. Considering BHphoto has the d7000 body for $1200 I got my 7D body for $1450. I think I definately got $250 worth of more camera just in the solid construction, faster frame frate and better video. Once you consider the dual digic processors, the all cross type AF, higher resolution its really an easy decision.

More AF points for Nikon yet out of 39 it has only 9 cross type just like 60D. So I guess 7Ds 19 point all cross type can match of that D7000 if cannot outshine. I found this video though for D7000 and I realized it is having a hard time to auto focus. There's also a comparison with 7D video.
Definitely love the dual digic 4 processor of 7D!

Definately handles the noise slightly better in the video than the 7D. I would rather cap the video at 1600 ISO or even 3200 and be able to shoot at 30fps in 1080P which is broadcast standard. Here is a good article on the two...

Nikon D7000 vs. Canon 7D : Cheaper AND Better? » Light and Matter

Does anyone know if the D7000 can actually shoot 6 fps RAW? and not JPEG? The D300s advertises 8fps but can only do 2.5fps with RAW.

Regarding the dead or hot pixels on the D7000, I assume it does exist with all older units of Nikon? I meant those who were assembled earliest upon launching.

Have you picked up either of these cameras yet? Pretty sure that few people told you to do that on the last poll you started. Once you hold both cameras and have a bit of a fiddle with them you should know instantly which one you want. Or just keep starting polls, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back