Canon AE-1 35mm Film Camera

flyfisherntyer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As I stated in my welcome post, I have experience with a 35mm film camera. Well this is the one. I purchased this camera in 1984 and have babied it for a long time. Functionally, it works perfectly. Cosmetically, it has one small scratch on the front silver portion and a little wear at the battery compartment cover. I really take care of all my gear, no matter what of gear it is. In fact I'm obsessive about it. I also have a 50mm and a 70-210 zoom lens. I have no idea what this equipment should sell for. Send me a PM if you are interested and we can discuss. Thank you.

Does the mirror have the "duck quack" that the AE-1's and the A-1's were known for developing when the lubrication dried up? Or does it simply click like its supposed to?

Kent Frost said:
Does the mirror have the "duck quack" that the AE-1's and the A-1's were known for developing when the lubrication dried up? Or does it simply click like its supposed to?

Well, I'll have to check that out and let you know. I'll get back with you by end of day. Sorry for not knowing about this.

Ken: just following up with you. I have to get a new battery for it tomorrow. I'll check it then.

There's no rush for me. I'm not actually interested in buying it, but I'm familiar with that particular common issue among those AE-1's and thought it might be info that could be handy for someone who is.

I actually want one of these just as a collector's item/prop but probably am not willing to pay what you are hoping to get. Check out Craigslist and eBay for an idea on pricing. Depending on the condition, etc, I see them selling for as low as $40 for "good" condition but also see some people asking $100+.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back