VortexOne
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jan 13, 2011
- Messages
- 28
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Texas
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I just got back from my local Goodwill. There, they had 2 Canon AE-1 cameras. I tried both. One was beyond repair, as the film would not advance for the life of it, and it even had a sticker in it saying it had been repaired. How Goodwill expected to sell that one is beyond me. However, the other one, which was nearly identical, worked just fine. It came with a lens, 50mm, I believe, although I didn't really look, the hand grip the other one did not have, rubber lens hood, and a UV filter. It was $150. The sales rep said someone had already tried to get the manager to go down, but she wouldn't. Did I mention these cameras had been there since November? I think that not going down is pretty stupid. For an extra $150, it came with a nice 70-200mm Canon zoom lens too. I think this is a pretty good price for the lens, but I'm not so sure about the camera. Is this a fair price? Or is it too much? And obviously, if its too little, I will be the proud new owner of a Canon AE-1. 