Canon annouces new 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II lens

Intempus can I have first dibs on your 70-200 f2.8 l is?:lol:? Hopefully the price will drop some on the original version.

I wish they'd announce an IS version of the 24-70mm, or have they?
I can't find anything as of yet. That's the next one rumored to drop any time soon. That's the one I won't be able to live without.

Intempus can I have first dibs on your 70-200 f2.8 l is?:lol:? Hopefully the price will drop some on the original version.
Sure, if you're serious. My copy is amazing, so I'm in no hurry to unload it. I will wait and see how the reviews of the new lens go before I jump on it. But if you're still interested at that time, I'll give you first dibs. :)

Sure, if you're serious. My copy is amazing, so I'm in no hurry to unload it. I will wait and see how the reviews of the new lens go before I jump on it. But if you're still interested at that time, I'll give you first dibs. :)

Let me know (no hurry) the camera shop I go to talked me out of the 70-200 due to the new one coming out. So I bought the 50d and 17-40l but I think the original verision would due me just fine! But I am very interested in your lens.

dude, make him pay for that first dip option. At least a couple of beers or something :)

The MTF charts look good. Will be curious to see the what the actual focal length on the long end is at shorter focusing distances. Hope they didn't botch it up like Nikon did with their newest version.

That's the one I won't be able to live without.

Me neither. That's one that's going to itch away at me like a festering sore until I lay my hands on one.
I know what you mean.

Heck, even the 70-200 is starting to nag at me already and I really don't need it as my current lens works wonderfully. :) I am starting to despise those crack dealers at Canon. :D

Hope they didn't botch it up like Nikon did with their newest version.
That's the first thing I thought of two when I read the announcement. I wondered if Canon pooched the new lens like Nikon did with theirs.

NICE!!!

Now i may get the older version sooner than i thought. Anyone selling theirs? 4STOPS!

I will very likely be in the near future, but not to upgrade to the new version. Mine is a year old and has seen very little use, I am more into primes in the 50-100 range. My plan is to hand onto it to see how I like it on the 1DIV, but if it continues to see little use its going bye-bye.

Let me know montana. I will be taking the plunge in th next 1-4 months depending on the deal i can get

You bet, I wil add you as a friend just to remind myself. Hopefully it doesn't take much longer to get a 1DIV......:confused:

Most reactions

Back