Canon announces Pixma Pro-1: 12 ink A3+ printer

dots

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Canon has announced the Pixma Pro-1, the first A3+ (13") printer to use 12 separate inks. The Pro-1 uses remote, tube-fed ink tanks to provide 12 inks plus a 'Chroma Optimizer' that coats the print to give an even finish and improved black density. The printer features a new, 12,288 nozzle print head (up from the 7,680 used on the 5200 II), and can produce an A3+ print in 2 minutes, 55 seconds at standard quality. The 'Pro' designation indicates it is the first Canon printer whose purchase counts towards Canon Professional Service (CPS) membership.

Canon announces Pixma Pro-1: 12-ink A3+ printer: Digital Photography Review

Last edited:
It's a shame that this is only a 13" printer - that's the only reason I haven't bought one yet. I've seen prints made by it and they are superb. The sample prints that Canon prepared for it are lousy, so don't go by those. The inks aren't all that expensive when you consider the cost/sq in rather than simply the cost of the large cartridge. If 13" wide prints are OK for you, I'd say that this is the best printer available at the moment.

I tend to agree with Helen on this one. The pixma-pro 1 is a HUGE printer and super heavy. WHY>>>!!!!! It is a 13" printer!! Very annoying and very bulky compared to other printers with similar quality. I have been working with this printer a lot recently and the prints are better than average, very very good, but certainly not the best I have seen.

Setting up the printer can be a little tricky, especially setting up a network for it.

If you need more info on this printer, there are 2 great articles on the Canon DLC Blog:

Canon DLC: Article: How to Network a PIXMA Pro-1 Printer

Canon DLC: Article: Setting up a PIXMA Pro-1 Printer

Most reactions

New Topics

Back