What's new

Canon EF 75-300mm III versus EF 100-300mm USM AF

tjones8611

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 28, 2009
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Location
Chattanooga, TN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I probably should have asked before purchasing, but oh well. I have the Canon EF 75-300mm III lens, at least 11 years old. Over the past few months I have become very unsatisfied with it. It doesn’t seem to be very sharp, slow to focus (almost impossible in low to medium light), and creep is terrible. So, last night I ordered the EF 100-300mm USM AF from Adorama. Im assuming this lens will be an improvement, especially with the USM.

What are others thoughts about the 100-300mm compared to the 75-300mm, is it worth the money? Anyone using the 100-300mm currently and if so are you satisfied with it?




 
I haven't used the lens either, but what I know of it is that although it's not L series, it should still be a definite upgrade to your current lens. Enjoy, and let us see some images!
 
Before you make the purchase, you can take a look at some lens review sites such as photozone.de, slrgear.com or dpreview.com ....

Do your research and see if the lens you want to buy up to your expectation.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom