Canon EF Camera Service

uncle grinch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I’m looking for a reputable service center in the USA to CLA my EF. I’ve spoken with two and they only service the A seriesCanons. Prefer someone with vintage SLR experience.

Attachments

• IMG_2390.jpeg
    IMG_2390.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
This took about 2 minutes...

It's a nearly 50yr-old mid-price camera that's not going for piles of money now. No parts. No mention of what ails it.
Try photrio.com

Mine functions as it should. However the shutter speed dial is hard to turn. A touch of alcohol loosens it up, but it gets hard again. Note… this model will function mechanically without the battery on shutter speeds from 1 second to 1/1000 second. Have to use hand meter or sunny 16.
I believe mine simply needs cleaning and lubrication.

Mine functions as it should. However the shutter speed dial is hard to turn. A touch of alcohol loosens it up, but it gets hard again. Note… this model will function mechanically without the battery on shutter speeds from 1 second to 1/1000 second. Have to use hand meter or sunny 16.
I believe mine simply needs cleaning and lubrication.
It's a relic. If you're not willing to try servicing, get a late model low/mid range film Canon body, likely cheaper than an iffy repair anyway. Sadly, lots of the old stuff, especially the cheaper models, are disposable in 2024.

To each his own… I like the old relics and appreciate the contribution they made to photography. Besides the EF, I have an A-1, AE-1, AV-1, T60, Yashica FX-3, EOS 3, and a Fujifilm XT-1 and a 5D Mkii. All work and function properly, albeit some better than others. The only plastic one is the T60, but it works great.

Sorry… with all the negative vibes, I overlooked the positive response. I will contact them to see what they offer.

Well, I spoke to Steve at Camera Clinic and had an excellent 20 minute conversation about vintage cameras. We had a lot in common. The only issue is he doesn’t work on the Canon EF… only the A series and T series vintage cameras. I will definately keep him in mind if I need any A series camera work.

Most reactions

Back