Canon EOS 1-D vs. Canon 30d?

gumball513

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I dont crop or edit any of my photos what so ever. I shoot alot of action and i was wandering if this camera would produce good image quality. I just need to use it for action and some landscapes. Please can anyone help?

Are you sure you want to compare those two cameras..

The 1d is a professional camera with high speed motors and weather proof construction...however, it is almost a decade old, so has older technology..... a 4.5mp sensor, which was hot then, but is marginal today downloads to TIFF rather than RAW but that is still respectable. Chances of getting one in a similar price range, that has not seen a lot of use is slim. However, a 1d in good condition is still capable of taking excellent photographs, and coupled with a good lens is a keeper if you don't intend to enlarge to wall size shots. I wouldn't pass one up if I wanted the look but didn't need the latest technology.

The 30d is more modern in the sense that the technological improvements are there. It is still an advanced amateur/gentleman professional piece so it is not weatherproof but does have the magnesium frame so it is rugged. The modern sensor is capable of 8mp, almost twice the older 1d, and it has a two speed motor drive although a smaller buffer for continuous shooting.. it is smaller and lighter.

It's a tough call on these, but either one would be good if the price was right.

Now, if you're talking the 1ds mark III of today, it is light years ahead of either of these very capable cameras. It is also 10 times the price.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back