Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

VidThreeNorth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's worth paying attention to this camera now, though it is still "pre-production". Something very close to final hardware has been shown around and it appears that embargos have been lifted.

"Canon EOS-1D X Mark III initial review: An exceptional stills and video hybrid for pros",
Published by DPreview.com, Jan 7, 2020, written by "Carey Rose, Richard Butler",
"Canon EOS-1D X Mark III initial review: An exceptional stills and video hybrid for pros"

[2020-01-07 15:02 added availability and price--I missed it before :)]
Projected availability mid-Feb 2020, ~$6,500 US.

Last edited:
It's on pre-order as of today. $6500 and you too can have one.

Unfortunately, I bought a new (to me) body a couple of days too early. A 1dx, so I'll be a couple of bodies behind the newest version.

I have been waiting for this camera to come out. You can pre order it from B&H for 6,500 and Canon is giving a new memory card. Interesting thing about it is it has a new file format which is smaller in size, but it is sharper.

I have been waiting for this camera to come out. You can pre order it from B&H for 6,500 and Canon is giving a new memory card. Interesting thing about it is it has a new file format which is smaller in size, but it is sharper.

HEIF files are the same as what the newer iPhones are using. It is interesting to see where that goes for sports shooting.

The pictures that it shoots, and the video that DP Review shot with it both look quite good. I would expect nothing less from Canon's flagship sports, news, and photojournalism camera. It has very high video quality.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back