Canon eos 400 or Nikon d40x

Tensai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can someone help me decide plz ?

it might be little bit helpful to give some info. Like what you're gonna shoot...etc
Even that doesn't matter. We can't help you. You can help yourself. Go to your local camera store and hold both. Whichever you like better is good for you.
Here you go.
Both good cameras.

What photo said. Also use the search function on the forum and/or your favorite search engine.
BTW, you will get flamed at asking someone to decide for you :p. Guess what, I'll be first :D.
So you want someone to decide for you?
What if you buy lets say the Canon 400D(I think you missed the D), and you don't like it, will you come hunting me down because I told you to buy one or the other? just get the one YOU want, not the one someone else wants.

Eh... whatever your going to shoot isn't really a decision maker for either camera. Unless, perhaps you intend to shoot into bright light sources a lot where the D40x's CCD sensor will cause blooming.

Otherwise, whatever feels most comfortable, whatever fits in your hands, whatever controls you like better.

Thx Im more into canon i just want to make sure it's a good decision... thx a lot :)

haha :D I ordred it Canon EOS 400D Kit 18-55mm+Speedlite 430 EX II

:lol: I'll admit I looked at that too, but ended up getting my A200 - hopefully gonna upgrade soon. You'll have fun with it... my uncle has one and he takes some nice shots.

see XD I tried to avoid canon n went with olympus e-420 n i didn't like the feeling nor the image quality... now i learned my lesson lol

see XD I tried to avoid canon n went with olympus e-420 n i didn't like the feeling nor the image quality... now i learned my lesson lol
I hope you held a XTi in your hands to be sure you like how it will feel in your hands. But you can always get a battery grip to make it more comfortable.

I have a gripped XTi and I didn't care for the image quality when shooting in JPEG...images always seemed soft and the colors could be weird (depending on how I PP'd the image). But I started shooting in RAW and now I'm much happier with the image quality...much better detail, sharper image and better color.

Most reactions

Back