Canon EOS 5D mkII (some test shots)

Well I've only handled a lot because of the shop :lol: I've only ever owned 3 bodies.

AF. Yeah I'm sticking with my 1D mkII for now, I know a few pro's who have the mkIII and have set the camera to 8FPS and its now very very good

Don't think the original 5D has ever been changed so I'd guess that the mirror box problems are still on the latest made ones. As for the mkII only time will tell. BUT we did leave the lens off the camera with it turned on for about 3 minutes outside to see how good the sensor cleaning is and I've yet to find any dust on the sensor so the built in cleaning seems a lot better than older models.

Well I own a 30D and a 1D mkII and both are 8.2mp and I have to say that the colours are better on the 30D so I think a lot of it is down to the processor but I'm pretty sure that more pixels would give better colour and range

How is the weather sealing?

Bit better than on the mk I. And the 5D mk I is not really as bad as its reputation in terms of weather sealing, so the mk II should be OK. OK, do not submerge it ;)

My freind wants a full frame with good sealing. We both shoot with 1d mk III these days but FF would be real nice with a 17mm. The darn 1.3 sensor steals the curve so much.:grumpy:
The 5d wont be in my budget but is waiting.

Cheers and thanks.

Weather sealing is ok but no where near as good as a 1 series or the Nikon D700.

It can withstand a slight drizzle of rain for about 3 minutes from memory

Last edited:
Thought it was about time I moved this thread from the subscribers forum so a few more people can see it

Good to see some shots. I'd love to have a FF camera with that new 24mm. Does the 1Ds MKIII have the same issues as the 5D MKII in terms of too much resolution? People keep bringing it up with the 5D MKII, but never heard about it with the 1Ds III and it has the same amount of MP.

The quality of the camera is stunning in the 100% crops in my opinion, but that may just be based on the cameras I've been using...

Also, what is a Canon EOD 5D? :D

If that Canon place really is heaven why is it in overcast Ireland and not in Tahiti? That sounds like hell to me on two levels :lmao:

If that Canon place really is heaven why is it in overcast Ireland and not in Tahiti? That sounds like hell to me on two levels :lmao:
Who said its in Ireland????

thoght some might want to see this - video done with the 5DM2 and a canon 100mm f2.8 macro - showing a pair of wasps:

http://www.vimeo.com/1937581

There are a few more videos with that same guy there that is really good aswell.

can't wait until 6.th of november (which is the preliminary release here in Sweden :D

Most reactions

Back