Canon EOS 7D

solrac8126

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone has info on this? i've looked all around the www but nothing really convincing.
Maybe EOS 3D? or the 5D MKii ?? who knows

I used that camera on the local newspaper here in my town and is't great, a little bit slow but great i love how much you can see trough the viewfinder.

Since it's old is getting cheaper, and i think that will be replaced or at least announced this year.

I also took some pictures with the 70-200 2.8 and they were AMAZING! i couldn't get the same results with the same lens in my cam.
I've also heard that the 5d and 40d share almost the same image quality. I don't know if any of you have some thoughts on this. I'm not hurry to replace my xti but the feel of all the XXXXX-D series is great. I had the chance to grab a 10d too and it was also great grip, all of them without any battery grip like i do.

The 5D and 40D will only be able to share quality to a certain degree. Color might be similar, but the 40D has a MUCH higher pixel density.

I've never used a 5D outside of the studio, but when I used it, the quality was nothing short of stellar. If I were to start out on a Canon system today, I would no doubt be shooting with a 5D.

I would have to say (this is completely subjective) the only bummer with it is the control scheme. In the studio is fine, because everything is controlled, but I would not really want to use it on location. I find my D70 easier and more accessible for the most part. for on location shooting, and that's not including CLS.

But yeah, i've shot with 5D's and 1Ds mkII's, and the 5D is a much more pleasant tool to use. Whoever made the 1D design decision to make it a two handed operation to just flip through menus (hold down 2 buttons while twising the wheel) is an idiot.

I heard a wee rumor about it being announced on the 24, but that makes it even less convincing given the fact that there is actually a date attached :lol:

Any announcement will probably be done 'officially' at the PMA show, which starts on the 31st of this month. The details of new models will often leak out a week or so before then...so the 24th sounds about right to me.

the 24th it is
I have my invite to the launch :biggrin:

As to what will be there, who knows

There will be a MP bump to ~16mp, and a fps bump to 4-4.5fps. a similar buffer ~17 raw 60-75 jpeg maybe a bit bigger. and compatibility with the 40D grip.

Basically spec out like a 1Ds mkII on slimfast. They cannot go higher on the fps without encroaching on the 5fps of the 1Ds or the 10fps of the 1D, and 16mp would put it square between the 1Ds and 40D.

There are 2 markets here, The portrait, wedding photographer. And the sports, wildlife photographer.

The 1Ds will be the king for ultimate quality, and the 5D replacement will be its little brother.

The 1D will be the king of fast action sports, and the 40D is its sidekick.

Price point? I'm thinking $2500-3000, that staggers the lineup pretty evenly.

OK, I just did a 7D google search and found rumors dating back to 2004! But, it is about time right now, so I'll stick with my speculation above.

except for the LCD, there's little wrong with the 5D as is. It's a fantastic camera, even in todays standards.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back