Canon EOS Rebel Ti or Nikon N80?

Cherrygal_2007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I can get good deals on both of these camera's, and wondering which would be best. I can get a used, good condition Canon EOS Rebel Ti for $135, and a used Nikon N80 for not much more. If price is not a factor, which would you choose?
One more quick question, if I want to edit my photos in Photoshop, do I have to get a Digital, or can I do it with a film too?
Thanks.

Well, Im not an experienced photographer by anymeans, but I have shot both mediums. If you wanted to edit with PS, it will be much easier with a digital. However, you can scan in photos shot with film. However, what sort of editing do you plan on doing? Do you have any darkroom experience? You can use the darkroom to "edit" your photos. Im amazed at some of the things peolpe can do with film.

Shameless plug: just an FYI, I have a canon Rebel 2000 with 28-80 lens for sale. Not the greatest camera, but it was a wonderful starting point. I'll let it go for $90.

I cannot comment on the canon, never even held one. I really like my N80. ^Sounds like a good deal to me..................

Lensmeister said:
I have no troubles with them at all over the years (occasionally the odd one or two) but 99% of the time I love them.
But have you owned several Nikons and had trouble with them?

Are they available locally? If so, handle them before you decide. When you have cameras that are close in functionality and quality, it usually comes down to how it feels in your hand and how you like the controls. If they are online, see if any shops have anything close. The Rebel line is all pretty similar, if I remember right. Not sure about the Nikons.

I have no experience with any kind of photo taking other than the cameras you buy at Wal-Mart

You can certainly edit photos taken on a film camera in Photoshop, however, you need to get them digitised, or scanned first, so that they are a file such as a jpg or tiff which photoshop can use.

It could be a cheap starting route to buy a film SLR, when you take the film in, get it developed and scanned onto CD, but not printed. Then, when you've finished your PS adjustments, burn it onto CD or e-mail it to them for printing (or print yourself).

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back