What's new

Canon F 1 service needed

Eemilioc

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Honduras, Central America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, I´m new on the photography and started with digital cameras, but want to try out film. My father gave me a Canon F1 (really oldie) that needs to be serviced. It is in great shape but has trouble in one position of the shutter speeds and the white balance indicator is not working.
Does anyone know a place near Miami Fl. where I could send it to bring it to an operational state?
Thanks for your help
 
I do not know about reputable camera service centres in Florida ... but there is not white balance indicator on a Film camera ... do you mean the Film Speed (ISO/ASA) dial ?
 
Sorry dxqcanda for my english, its not so good in technical terms.This camera has an indicator of the aperture of the lens. It is represented by a line and circle inside the viewfinder at the right side, and when you match the circle and the line it balances the aperture(f) acording to the light.
 
Try asking some local camera shops if they know of any place that wil service the "oldie camera" Canon is at the point where they aren't happy with service on any 1D bodies. I have four F1 bodies with motors sitting at home that are door stops.
 
Try asking some local camera shops if they know of any place that wil service the "oldie camera" Canon is at the point where they aren't happy with service on any 1D bodies. I have four F1 bodies with motors sitting at home that are door stops.

Can't speak for Canon in Canada, but here in the UK they'll happily service everything, F1 included, tho there is a caviat that certain spare parts may not be available.
 
Thanks guys, the thing is that I travel to Florida for 1 week periods twice a year, so I am trying to be prepared for my next trip. I will search for camera shops and make some calls from my country, but what I am afraid of is landing somewhere with no experience, I have read of a lot of people feeling ripped with these cameras.
Thanks again, I will try to find information and start calling.
 
Try asking some local camera shops if they know of any place that wil service the "oldie camera" Canon is at the point where they aren't happy with service on any 1D bodies. I have four F1 bodies with motors sitting at home that are door stops.

Can't speak for Canon in Canada, but here in the UK they'll happily service everything, F1 included, tho there is a caviat that certain spare parts may not be available.

Canon in Canada treats the pros like crap. They didn't used to, but times changed. They have stopped servicing all kinds of gear, I believe that it could also be the avaliability of finding parts, but also it's easier for Canon to say "buy new gear" than have a tech repair an an older camera.
 
Sorry dxqcanda for my english, its not so good in technical terms.This camera has an indicator of the aperture of the lens. It is represented by a line and circle inside the viewfinder at the right side, and when you match the circle and the line it balances the aperture(f) acording to the light.

What exactly is the problem with the match needle indicators in the viewfinder ?
Are you saying that the internal light meter is not working at all ?
 
Sorry dxqcanda for my english, its not so good in technical terms.This camera has an indicator of the aperture of the lens. It is represented by a line and circle inside the viewfinder at the right side, and when you match the circle and the line it balances the aperture(f) acording to the light.

What exactly is the problem with the match needle indicators in the viewfinder ?
Are you saying that the internal light meter is not working at all ?
The light meter of the camera is working, what is not working is the indicator of the lens aperture. When you regulate the f of the lens it should move an indicator according to the light meter.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom