What's new

Canon FD 300mm f2.8 FLUORITE LENS SET in Collector Condition

smeat

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Candler NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've had this lens for years, bought it off a guy who bought it new and he used it about as much as I did, 2 or 3 times. I just don't shoot telephoto.

So I have this beautiful rare lens that I'm trying to sell for about $200 less than I bought it for.

The glass is FLAWLESS, the aperture blades dry, the focus is smooth and the aperture dial clicks as the day it was made. The lettering is bright and new! The Lens itself is SOLID and looks nearly NEW! as does the 2X-B Extender![SIZE=+2]

THIS IS THE NICEST EXAMPLE OF THIS LENS I'VE EVER SEEN!
[/SIZE]


There is one light scratch on the body that can be seen on the side view. The built in extendable hood is unbent and has a very small bit of front edge wear. The case has a few marks on it and there's a spot on the inside of the case where the felt is worn. The little packet in the picture is silica gel that has been kept with the lens to keep it dry and mold free for years. Many of these lenses have been converted to movie camera lenses. Even mir.com doesn't have as pristine an example!
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/fdlenses/earlyfdlenses/300mmfd.htm
This was a fairly low production Canon lens, as they were EXTREMELY expensive when they were first released. Also, this lens used a SINGLE very large piece of aspherical Fluorite for the main front element vs. the new and current "L" series version which has two smaller elements. The larger element was harder to manufacture but allowed for the lens to be lighter overall than the new versions of Canon's 300mm f2.8 L's.

THIS SET INCLUDES:

- CANON FLUORITE 300mm f2.8 lens!
- Original Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Original 300mm Carrying Case
- 6 drop in filters including Neutral Density, Yellow 3, and Red 1 and UV filters
- Canon 2X-B Extender


It's on ebay right now and I'm looking for about $1500 on there

Canon FD 300mm f2.8 Fluorite L Lens SET w/ 2x-B & CASE! - eBay (item 260731415627 end time Mar-03-11 23:28:24 PST)

But on the forum I'd take $1,350 plus shipping.
















(hmmm... stretched the image there...)







I take paypal, personal check, whatever. If you have any questions please email me jg38141_at_hotmail_dot_com
 
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Here's a few shots I took with the lens about 3 years ago at an Air Show I was helping run back in my AWACS days.










 
Sold lens locally. Thanks for looking!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom