Canon Film Scanners

CMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm wanting to buy a film scanner, and I've been looking at Canons. They've got really good specs, but they are pretty cheap. I mean, the 4400F has 4800X9600 resolution, 48 bit color, USB 2.0 capability, everything you'd ever want for $100. And the 8600F and 9950F are even better, but still cheap.

Anybody know if these are good, and why they are so reasonably priced? Link below.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=120

I have the 8400F - it's great. Obviously the image quality is not as good as I'd get from a dedicated scanner, but I find it good enough to make prints from and easily good enough for web use. Plus I can use it to scan 35mm negatives, 35mm slides in their mounts, and 120 film, and use it as a general purpose scanner too. The only problems I've found are: with 120 film you have to make sure it's really straight, and you may have to play around with the settings a bit (or possibly use some other software like VueScan) to get the most out of it, but I think it's well worth the effort. If you want to scan negatives, but either think a dedicated 35mm scanner is too expensive, or think you might want to scan other film formats and other media too, then get one. It will be $150 very well spent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back