Canon Flash

canonbraden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Noob question here: Do Canon cameras have the same hotshoe flash mount? I have the T3 and I want to get a flash, but I'm not gonna be using this camera for much longer and I'm gonna upgrade. I don't wanna spend a lot of money on a flash that I'm only gonna use for a short amount of time.

Short answer...Yes.

Any Canon (or off brand) flash that is compatible with your T3, will also be compatible with any modern Canon DSLR camera.

Actually, the hot-shoe on just about every camera is pretty standard (except Minolta/Sony, which is a slightly different size). So for example, you could stick a Nikon flash onto your Canon camera...it would fire, but not much else. While the size of the shoe and the main firing pin/contact is the same...the other contacts (and more importantly, the electronic communication) would be different.

So as long as you buy something modern...you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Short answer...Yes.

Any Canon (or off brand) flash that is compatible with your T3, will also be compatible with any modern Canon DSLR camera.

Actually, the hot-shoe on just about every camera is pretty standard (except Minolta/Sony, which is a slightly different size). So for example, you could stick a Nikon flash onto your Canon camera...it would fire, but not much else. While the size of the shoe and the main firing pin/contact is the same...the other contacts (and more importantly, the electronic communication) would be different.

So as long as you buy something modern...you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Just what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back