Canon Full Frame user back to Nikon

Sublime1304

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.next-level-designs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a curious question but would going from a 5D MKII to a Nikon D600 or D610 be a downgrade or an upgrade. I've been a Canon user and a Nikon user before but I feel like my MKII is lacking nowadays and I can't afford a MKIII and I don't like the 6D. I had a bad model D7000 so it turned me off and the one reason why I went to Canon in the first place was for video. I have 2 L lenses and 2 fast primes right now. Would making the switch be worth it. Hopefully someone can give me insight on who likes which and why

Canon's 5D MK II is a prosumer grade camera.

Nikon's D600/610 is an entry-level camera.

You would be giving up many prosumer grade features and functions.
Notable would be:
a downgrade in camera auto focus module options and performance from the 5D Mk II to the D600/610
1 less light metering option
max shutter speed

Ive never understood people switching brands when then already have good lenses. One brand is better today, another brand is better tomorrow, and back again.
If you have good canon glass, stick with canon. If you cant budget in a 5DIII, look at canons 6D.

I agree. I often read these "should I switch to Nikon or Canon"? Never makes sense to me. I also notice that the people asking seems to have a prosumer body which tells me they should already know the answer their asking. If wanting to switch than bite the bullet and do so.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back