Canon G11 Samples From Today

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not really looking for C&C (you can if you want), just posting some samples from a little photo walk I took today at the quarry.

Whole set with original sized images here:
Canon G11 Sampler - a set on Flickr

4446185314_2ce5a97def.jpg

4446184442_2d9649c1e9.jpg

4446180896_b60f30746d.jpg

4446185102_ae0fc5c57a.jpg

4446186370_1c4d85ecfb.jpg

4446181690_01fce38eeb.jpg

4446182194_c075a43760.jpg

4446182496_261d4382e0.jpg

4445407529_83a6fc3b96.jpg

4445409021_33fa7e24cc.jpg

Did you just by the G11? Man, that's one nice pocket camera! The pics look great man.

Nikon has taken notice of the G11's performance and popularity and plans to release something to compete with it. I wrote a blog entry about it.

Digital Diffraction: Nikon: Canon G11 will have competition

I'm torn between picking up a G11 or one of the new micro 4/3rds with interchangeable lenses. Tough decision, but those pics certainly help sway me towards the G11. :)

Did you just by the G11? Man, that's one nice pocket camera! The pics look great man.

Nikon has taken notice of the G11's performance and popularity and plans to release something to compete with it. I wrote a blog entry about it.

I'm torn between picking up a G11 or one of the new micro 4/3rds with interchangeable lenses. Tough decision, but those pics certainly help sway me towards the G11. :)

Get some bigger pocket so you 1Dmk4 will fit save some money ;)

Thanks man.

Hmmm, makes me wonder if I should have held out for the Nikon since I already have a flash unit that would most likely work with it.

Oh well, I got this for a compact camera that allowed for some creativity - I can always pick up a 270EX or something.

If you wanted to get a camera right now, I think you did fine with the G11. Nikon hasn't given a release date or even any specs yet... so you might be waiting a while. I'm sure your G11 will serve you fine until the Nikon releases, then you can sell your G11 to me and we'll all be happy. :) I'll probably procrastinate at least that long...

I was thinking fanny pack. :lmao:

I was thinking fanny pack. :lmao:

That word is rude over here :lol:

No offense, but these look better than the ones you post from the D300s!

:lol:

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with it.

Tested out the pano stitching feature while I was there as well, I had no idea what I was doing and the scenery could be better but here's what the end result is:

4445600451_1f6023b0bd_b.jpg

4446379426_ec9eb08520_b.jpg

I clicked on his sig to see his other pics after your post. I gotta disagree. These are nice, but he has some stuff that is much, much nicer on his site.

(Unless you were joking and I didn't catch it..)

I clicked on his sig to see his other pics after your post. I gotta disagree. These are nice, but he has some stuff that is much, much nicer on his site.

I've looked through his flickr too and while he has better shots in terms of composition on his flickr page, he certainly doesn't have any images that look better from technical standpoint (image quality). The G11 does in fact appear to trump the D300S.

Wow.

dawns flame suit

I've looked through his flickr too and while he has better shots in terms of composition on his flickr page, he certainly doesn't have any images that look better from technical standpoint (image quality). The G11 does in fact appear to trump the D300S.

Wow.

dawns flame suit

That's okay. I would expect that your eye wouldn't be able to discern a better quality photo from a lesser quality photo. :confused: It's not your fault. You do shoot a Canon...and a fairly overrated, cheap one at that.

also puts on flame suit

Most reactions

Back