Canon G5 vs Yamaha R1 (56k Unfriendly)

nukie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
iced.vanillashots.com
A friend from Melbourne visited me on his Yamaha R1 at the end of last week. And as I'm not really mentally stable, I decided that it would be a good idea to attempt to strap my very new Canon G5 to what is one of the fastest production bikes in Australia. The resulting images were not half bad, and interestingly, didn't suffer from camera shake too much.

Clicking on any of the photos will take you to the respective gallery on my site and more photos of the same type.

The Setup (more setup photos)

The Shots (more action shots)

After battling through the City Traffic, we ended up with a great vantage point for a classic Spring Sunset over Sydney.

And with still space on our CF Cards and power in our batteries, we headed over to Homebush Bay to take some night shots of the bike.

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?

those are some very good shots, but u are one brave soul to mount ur cam on that bike :crazy:

Dew said:
those are some very good shots, but u are one brave soul to mount ur cam on that bike :crazy:

It really wasn't that bad. This first show shows how much strapping there was holding the camera to the pillion seat, and that was before I strapped the actual camera with the normal neck strap. Add to that the metal rod which was screwed to the chassis of the bike, and I was pretty confident that it wasn't going anywhere.

Mind you, when the bike accelerates off into the distance (it does 0-100kph in around 3 seconds), it doesn't do wonders for your confidence.

damn dude!!

reminds me of an old charlie sheen flick,..."wraith" he was in a black car, but your pictures resemble how bad ass he was in that movie...i guess that makes you badass as well!!

md

they say (or my hubby) "no risk, no fun" 8) ... did u have it on a timer or remote? ... ride with him/her?

mate, those are some bloody good pics! Was the second shot on the way to the blue mountains? Where all did you take the bike that day?

Love your pics of sydney- i think its one of the most photogenic cities in the world, and you certainly have captured that in your photos.

The fountain is at the olympic park, right?

glad you are not mentally unstable- i think the pics are worth it! ;)
cheers for sharing!

Dew said:
did u have it on a timer or remote? ... ride with him/her?

The original idea was to hook the camera up to a laptop in a backpack that he would carry on the bike. However this was not to be due to driver issues :(. The backup plan was to use the camera's timed shooting mode, where it takes a photo every minute for x amount of time. Just a little bit annoying tho, as with the laptop setup, it can take photos every 5-10 seconds, saving them to the laptop's harddrive. So in short, if the laptop had have worked, I would have gotten 6-10 times as many photos.

vonnagy said:
mate, those are some bloody good pics! Was the second shot on the way to the blue mountains? Where all did you take the bike that day?

Love your pics of sydney- i think its one of the most photogenic cities in the world, and you certainly have captured that in your photos.

The fountain is at the olympic park, right?

glad you are not mentally unstable- i think the pics are worth it! ;)
cheers for sharing!

All of the bushland photos were in the Royal National Park near Sutherland. So yes, thats where the second one was taken :)

The fountain is indeed in olympic park, and its actually the old olympic torch from the 2000 games. Add a bit of water, some blue lights, and it makes for a positively awesome silhouette of a bike :D

fabulous shots as always my fabulously fabulous friend

blue bike boy is awesome

harbour shot number 2 is superb

bikerboy wears tight leather

Most reactions

Back