Canon PowerShot (A560) vs Canon (A570 IS)

Sirene

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys

I just bought the A560.

The A570 being 30$ more, I did not buy it because I was already busting my budget by very much, but now I'm wondering if I`m making a mistake, so I would like to ask you, is the A570 really much better than the A560 ?

I will later buy an SLR in 2007 or begining of 2008 but I`m such a rookie that I want to learn the basics before I buy something of a 1000-1500$ worth.

Basically this last purchase was only for me to go out there, shoot and learn the basics. Is the A560 will be enough for that or should I have bought the A570?

I also ordered the digital photography book and plan on learning with it, more books, the net and magazines, again, my camera not being a top notch one will I still be able to put to use what I learn from these or I won't have the features required ?

Thanks for any help and any imput
You guys rock :sexywink:

I found it much easier to learn with an slr - my point and shoot S3IS baffled me.

Are you just not sure that you are interested in photography enough to invest more? I don't think you made a mistake, and you can ebay this camera when and if you decide you want to go further.

The digital photography book by Scott Kelby is a good starting point, but he's a bit too simple. If you find you want to know more, then you know you've got the bug.

Good luck, i'd like to see some shots!

I found it much easier to learn with an slr - my point and shoot S3IS baffled me.

Are you just not sure that you are interested in photography enough to invest more? I don't think you made a mistake, and you can ebay this camera when and if you decide you want to go further.

It's more because I have no clue which SLR should I buy, so I sense that I need to know more and shoot more to know my needs

The price range goes from 450$ to 13000$ for DSLR
I want to make the right choice and I don't know enough now to make the right decision.

Thanks for your help :D

I think that's pretty smart. Just read as much as you can, check out photog books from the library if possible, and when you narrow it down to a couple of choices, download the manuals of the cameras you are interested in. I know that I read the manual for my camera on line 4 or 5 times before I even got it!

I think that's pretty smart. Just read as much as you can, check out photog books from the library if possible, and when you narrow it down to a couple of choices, download the manuals of the cameras you are interested in. I know that I read the manual for my camera on line 4 or 5 times before I even got it!

Big thanks for the tips :hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back