Canon Rebel T3, advice needed

SpiritProductions

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there. I own a Cannon Rebel T3, I need help. I am a night club photographer and am a freelance, self taught photographer, now what I am asking is, Everytime I take pictures of artists performing it comes out all blurry trippy, with trails. I want to know how not to get it like that :/.

Some examples
Canon Help - Imgur

Settings I'm working with.

A/V
Stabilizer/OFF
Autofocus/OFF
Quality/L 12M 4272X2848
ISO/AUTO
WB/AUTO
F.56
Lens/stock.

I've been doing photography for about couple years. Just started using a DSLR I guess I'm asking for what lenses, special settings or even tips or advice, anything helps.
Thank you!
SP~

Well, in Av mode, or Aperture value priority as Canon calls it, the lens was set to f/5.6, which is a moderately big light-admitting aperture. ISO was set to Automatic, not sure what ISO was selected. Basically, with the 18-55mm kit zoom lens, the aperture options range from f/3.5 at 18mm wide-angle, to f/5.6 at the longer ranges...which is like...well...not very much in the way of light-gathering ability. The shutter speed is slowish, hence the trippy blurry effect.

You'd probably like a "faster-aperture" lens, something that opens up wider, allowing in MUCH more light. STarting at f/5.6, a lens that opens to f/4 would allow in TWICE as much light; an f/2.8 lens would allow four times as much; and f/2 lens would allow in EIGHT times more light. So...maybe consider that a "fast lens" would be a good investment for club work.

Another issue is the ISO in use. AUTO ISO can shift the ISO up or down; try using higher ISO levels, set manually, like 1,250 or 1,600 ISO.

Big thank you Derrel. Thanks for taking your time to answer my question. Any lens you recommend?

Most reactions

Back