Canon Rebel Xsi or Nikon D3 with VR lens

AeroPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay so my budget has left me with s decision between a Canon Rebel Xsi , or the Nikon D3000 with a VR lens. Its obvious that the xsi is the better camera but is it worth what the D3000 would be if Im getting a lens with it? Any feedback and opinion would be appreciated.

Sorry, don't have any input to help with your decision.

But from the title I thought you were having trouble deciding between the $500 XSi and the $5,000 D3. :)

Yeah, title is DEFINITELY confusing.
But here's a simple advice I always tell ppl - GO INTO THE STORE, HOLD THE CAMERA AND GET WHAT FEELS RIGHT. :D

Cameras at that level are all about ergonomics, feel, button layout and that sort of thing. In terms of "better" camera, they can both produce great images if being used with good glass.

And the title is totally misleading. Nikon has a D3 camera which is their flagship, top of the line (or do they have a D3x too?).

The D3 was replaced by the D3s and the D3x last year.

If you're going for the Nikon D3000, just watch out for lenses that don't auto focus in-lens. The body focusing motor has been taken out in the smaller cameras for Nikon.

I have read a few reviews that the nikon d3000 is nikons worst dslr.

So... GO USED!!! I was looking at the d5000, 18-55 VR and 55-200 VR, for about 900, and ended up getting a d200, a nikon 18-135mm, and a 105mm 2.8 micro for 1100! Granted, the micro cost 450, but the other i bought as a set for 600 bucks, which was cheaper than the d5000 kit, and a MUCH better camera.

And remember, spend more on lenses than the body. Go feel the camera, and check out the menu's and button setup. See what feels good, and is easy to use. For me, my d200 has alot of options right at the touch of a button (ISO, shutter speed, aperture, quality, WB, and much more).

I have read a few reviews that the nikon d3000 is nikons worst dslr.
LOL. It's their least expensive dSLR too. What do you expect to find at the bottom of the lineup. :lol:

Thought the XSi is supposed to be up the list a ways from the XS, the XS actually performs better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back