What's new

Canon rebel XTi will not power on

tinalwrn

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 5, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Dead as a door nail.
No lights, no flicker, no motor... nothing when I try to turn it on.
I have tried:
new batteries
jiggling the on/off switch and the camera mode dial
start up with a different CF card
connecting to the computer
start up without the lense or the CF card
checking the battery, CF card and AV oupt doors

Any other suggestions.
Could this be the power board-my thoughts.
 
Sounds like it's broken and needs to be repaired. That happens with consumer electronics all the time.

Did you look at the battery contacts inside the camera?

If the warranty has expired, you can send it to any repair facility you choose, it doesn't need to go to Canon.

KEH.com does camera repairs. I shot Nikon so I don't know about the Canon USA authorized independent repair facilities.

Visit www.canonusa.com and click on the appropriate tab(s) for service.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom