Canon t5i or 60D

T4i got the axe for the rubber grip and some are on recall. Some stores still do sell them.

The rubber grip was an issue at first but was corrected. In the 8 months that I owned it I never had the issues and used it extensively. It is cheaper with very few sacrifices compared to the 60D but better than the T3i/T3 and essentially the same camera as the T5i besides some minor changes to the T5i. If you are wanting to go Canon then either the T4i or 60D w/ a kit lens is a nice way to go. Some people will bash the kit lens but it is REALLY useful until you can determine which focal length you shoot at most and make an educated decision on nice glass.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet...but there is a big, big difference between anything in the Rebel line and the XXD cameras (40D, 50D, 60D, 70D). The sensor is actually the same in most of them, but it's the size and layout of the body that are different. I personally find the Rebels rather small in my hands, and I'm so used to the control set up on my cameras, that I find the rebels frustrating to navigate.

It's not really something that you see & feel when you compare cameras on-line...but if you go into a store and put a Rebel next to a 60D or 70D for example, you will actually see and feel the difference. (I don't know about the 70D, but I recall that the 60D is actually smaller than the 50D and those before it.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back